It’s hard not to notice that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The color pink is hard to miss across many walks of our society, which is a sure sign that increased awareness is leading to action.
Did you know that “Thinking Pink” is also one meaningful step you can take is support research that will save lives?
That’s why Day-Timer supports breast cancer research, and that’s why it is important for you to take action too.
Statistics show a woman dies from breast cancer every 13 minutes, on average, in the United States in 2013.
Shop Our Pink Ribbon Planners, Desk Calendars, and Planning Accessories
Day-Timer offers a wide variety of attractive Pink Ribbon planning products that benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® all year long. When you purchase a Pink Ribbon product, Day-Timer donates 5% of the retail price to the BCRF.
You will help the BCRF perform life-saving research and show your friends and co-workers you care enough to make a difference.
To-date, Day-Timer has donated more than $850,000 to BCRF through sales of our Pink Ribbon product line.
Take action for yourself by shopping today from our Pink Ribbon line of products and let’s fight breast cancer together.
Info You Should Know
Breast Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer. Here are a few alarming statistics:
- In the United States a woman will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer, on average, every 2.3 minutes
- Nearly 230,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer (Stages I-IV) will be diagnosed among US women this year, with almost 40,000 deaths, according to the American Cancer Society
- 20%-30% of women with breast cancer have a family member with the disease
Quick facts about BCRF
- Website: bcrfcure.org
- Established in 1993, with the intention of bringing about a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime
- Currently, 88 cents of every dollar donated supports breast cancer research and awareness programs
- Grants now support more than 170 scientists based in 10 countries