|Jump Start Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Build the Bridge|
Feeling like your goals are out of reach today? Learn this one essential step that will help move your dreams and aspirations into action.
Build a bridge that carries you from your goals to the specific tasks you’ll do to achieve them. Once you have a goal in mind:
- Dedicate a fresh note page in your daily planner for each goal
- Be sure you create SMART goals that define your outcome
- Ask yourself how you can achieve this goal, and write down all the answers that come to mind
- Describe your goal from start to finish
- Now, use these answers as the weekly and monthly milestones for tasks you must schedule
- Remember, these are only goal milestones, not tasks, next you must break these answers down into actionable tasks — for tips read “The 2 Secrets for Making a To-do List You’ll Get Done”
Sometimes getting started is the hardest part to reaching your goals. By filling in the intermediate steps (or “building your bridge”) you are creating a better path to success.
* Want to learn more about making your goals happen? Read this post on goal setting tips.
[photo by abbyreed]
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org|