Back-to-school time offers a host of new challenges and commitments, so organization becomes a necessity. Luckily, any college or high school student can stay ahead of their class assignments and exams with a dependable digital and paper planning system in place.
Start out the school year right with a attractive and affordable Day-Timer student planner.
Make these steps part of your weekly routine and become a grade-making machine:
- Maintain a master task list on paper. Each Sunday, sit down and write a new to-do list. Enter all the details, including due dates into your student planner.
- Digitize all new appointments from your daily notes and conversations into your Outlook program and sync with your smartphone. This creates a master schedule that can be accessed from anywhere. It’s a good way to keep tomorrow’s schedule in mind while you’re out having fun at night, and you can capture important appointments and to-dos when your planner is not with you.
- Write out your daily plan. Each morning over breakfast copy down today’s important appointments and activities from your smartphone (or Outlook) into your paper planner.
- Create study times. As you write out your daily class schedule, you will see open pockets of time to be used for studying and projects. Handwrite these into your planner.
- Remember: The act of writing your tasks reinforces your commitment by creating a higher level of personal investment into completing the task.
- Set digital reminders. Having a bell chime when it’s time to do homework is a powerful advantage. Set reminders on all key tasks in your smartphone or Outlook program as a back-up alarm to your paper planner.
- Balance school and fun. Mix your schedule with both school and social activities, ensuring that you’re balancing your time properly.
- Bonus tip: Maintain a list of key contacts in your student planner. As a backup, list 5-10 of your most important phone numbers on paper in case you ever lose or damage your phone.
When you’re busy with classes, having your smartphone keep you alert of your daily plan with reminders is a leg-up that other students don’t have. It’s like having your own personal assistant.
Follow the above tips and you can become a grade making machine yourself. Get your school work and study times organized by combining your student planner and smartphone.
Would you like to read more on this topic? Check out these posts:
- The Secret to Becoming a Better Student
- Tips for Prioritizing a Busy Week for College Students
- Stress-Free Writing: How to Finish Your Essays and Projects Before Your Deadline
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at [email protected]|