|Jumpstart Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Unplug Yourself|
Here’s the perfect Memorial Day tip for creating some much-needed balance in your life this week:
Unplug yourself for an entire day. Escape from all forms of digital influence in your life and take advantage of the peace and comfort of a slower pace while you’re enjoying the better parts of life, family and friends.
- Avoid the typical electronics. Go without TV, email, social media, mobile apps, and all smartphone games — yes, even Words with friends
- Enjoy your family, make special family bonding time to play games, go for a bike ride, do yard work
- Ban all gadgetry from the dinner table and enjoy the conversation
- Write in your journal – spend a half hour recording your thoughts on life
- Catch up on your reading
- Make a wish list of goals you aspire to achieve
By casting aside your normal routine of smartphones, tablets, TVs and PCs, you are enabling yourself to enjoy a more balanced life that includes time for your family, your friends and yourself.
Don’t forget: Monday is Memorial Day, a time for of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
[photo by sebilden]
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at email@example.com|