|Jumpstart Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Eliminate five tasks|
This week your workload is about to get a little lighter because five things are about to go away.
Keep your to-do list and schedule accessible with a Day-Timer planner Acryllic Desk Stand
Make a list of everything that must get done this week. Now, eliminate five items using the following methods:
- Delegating a task to someone else who has more time
- Reschedule it for another day this month
- Absorbing one task into another which might have a similar process or outcome
- Put it on a “someday” list for doing when you have more time
- Deleting a task because it’s just not that important right now
It’s human nature to bite off more than you can chew. You likely find yourself overestimating the time you have available only to have it run out on you each week — and this is especially true when you don’t leave room for the unexpected.
Eliminating 5 tasks is a good way to keep yourself honest, and in the habit of planning your time carefully and conservatively.
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at [email protected].com|