|Jumpstart Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Wrap-Up Your Loose Ends|
Busy days don’t have to feel like you’re carrying the world on your shoulders, just lighten your load by eliminating loose ends.
Start a healthy habit today of wrapping-up your loose ends before they get out of control, use these guidelines:
- Plan your daily task list and make certain you have time available to complete each activity
- No vague outcomes — have clearly defined expectations as to what you hope to accomplish with each task
- Create natural stopping points — plan specific time periods for each high priority task
- Appointments, meetings or distractions? Immediately create a next action task before moving on; be sure to schedule that task in your weekly planner calendar
- Still not working out? Make sure you’ve broken down your tasks into small actionable chunks to which you can define a stopping point
You’ll get more done when you can confidentally walk away from one task and direct your attention to the next priority… you’ll also eliminate much unneeded stress.
[photo by sebilden]
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at [email protected]|