|Jumpstart Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Make a hot list|
If you’re in a hurry and have a busy week ahead, here’s a good trick for keeping all of the important must-do items in front of you.
Make a “hot list” of only the most important tasks — the high priority items you must accomplish this week:
- Write them on a portable note card or sticky note
- Move the note from page to page in your day planner each day
- Stick it onto your computer monitor for high visibility
- Put it on the dashboard of your car while running errands
- Stick it to your bathroom mirror each night, so you will see it first thing in the morning
Don’t forget to cross off each activity you get done, and enjoy the feeling of success with each task completed
Unlike a regular to-do list a hot list keeps you in touch with your “vitals,” the 5-10 priority tasks that require your focus. By giving them a special, dedicated list you are ensuring that tasks won’t fall through the cracks.
Hot List fans love using Day-Timer’s Self-Stick Hot Lists as their dependable list-making pad. Each self-stick page features a section for the date and subject, plus an attention-getting yellow border that keeps your list from getting lost in the paper shuffle.
Try a Hot List this week and raise your game on getting things done!
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org|