|Jumpstart Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Prepare yourself the night before|
Mornings can be stressful, especially when you have a family to rally out the door. Here’s the best way to begin your day.
Set yourself up for success the night before. Create a 30-minute routine you can do before going to bed. Include the following:
- Put your car keys, wallet and purse/briefcase by the door
- Make tomorrow’s lunches for yourself and family
- Organize breakfast (e.g. set out cereal, fruit, bowls)
- Pack your briefcase for work/school
- Bag up a healthy afternoon snack like fruit, nuts, or a granola bar
- Pick out your clothes
- Check the weather and determine if a coat, umbrella, or hat is necessary
- Plan out your schedule and tasks in your planner
You’ll reduce a lot of stress from your life when you eliminate many of the decisions that complicate your morning. Prepare yourself the night before and enjoy a better start to your day.
[photo by KimManleyOrt]
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at email@example.com|