Here is a seven-step formula you can use to create accountability and achieve extraordinary results in your organization.
1. Establish the organizations’ top three objectives. Only include the significant few, not the important many.
2. Assign each team member his or her respective objectives. When combined they must allow the organization to achieve its top objectives.
3: Ask each team member what he or she needs to win. Leaders must remove the roadblocks that stand in the way.
4. Agree on what the leader will do to help. Meet individually with each team member to clarify the roadblocks and agree on what’s needed to win.
5. Follow up. Each direct report is to schedule a 30-minute monthly update using a standard color-coded results report.
6. Share lessons learned. Hold quarterly meetings with all direct reports present to discuss the lessons learned, identify roadblocks and make specific offers to help any team member behind plan.
7. Reward results. When results are achieved, ensure that rewards are disproportionate and highly visible.
For more valuable information like the article above, visit www.thestreet.com
Bob Prosen is president and CEO of The Prosen Center for Business Advancement®, where he teaches business leaders how to rapidly increase performance and profits. He is listed in The International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs. Visit his website at www.bobprosen.com.