Here are nine statements I use in training with leaders and managers to evaluate the effectiveness of the leadership team. All of these should be in place at your company as well and you as a leader should be able to answer a resounding YES to these.
1. The top objectives of my company have been clearly defined and articulated.
2. Everyone in my company knows the top objectives and understands what is expected of them.
3. There are appropriate incentives for producing results and penalties for not producing results.
4. We have regular performance reviews.
5. I consistently hire and surround myself with people who are smarter than I am.
6. We consistently achieve our business and profitability objectives.
7. There is ample time to plan.
8. We only have meetings when they make sense – when we have clearly defined objectives that are tied to the company’s top objectives.
9. We consistently meet commitments without follow-up.
Bob Prosen is president and CEO of The Prosen Center for Business Advancement®, where he teaches business leaders how to rapidly increase performance and profits. He is listed in The International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs. Visit his website at www.bobprosen.com.
To learn more about how organization and time management can help you achieve success visit the Day-Timer Community at http://www.daytimer.com/community.