Ever had to get up early for a flight? What about staying up late for a video conference? With an ever changing world in which we work, you’ll need to change your sleeping habits to get it all done. So here are some tips to help you wake up earlier or stay up later.
Waking Up Early:
- Get out of your room when your alarm goes off. Don’t give yourself a reason to stay in bed.
- Need help getting out of bed and getting out of your room? Put your alarm clock on the opposite side of the room or invest in a cool alarm clock like this.
- Reward yourself for getting up early—grab a coffee or breakfast.
- Set a time to get in bed and stick to it. Don’t get wrapped up in the little things you think you need to do at night.
- Don’t drink coffee after 2PM! It can sneak up on you later.
- Get your brain and body going in the morning—reading or working out can help.
Staying Up Late:
- Drink some coffee or your favorite caffeinated beverage to help keep your body going.
- Accomplish something on your to-do list. Need to finish editing a project? Still need to put the dishes away? Do it and check it off your list!
- Turn on a lot of lights. If it looks like it’s night time, it’s easier to get tired.
- Avoid ‘getting comfy’. Stay away from that cozy spot on the couch.
- Keep your body moving! If you’re getting some exercise or continuing to move in your home it will help keep your blood pumping.
- If all else fails, you could borrow a baby—that will definitely keep you up late!
Most importantly, make sure your Day-Timer® organizer is by your side so you can see what’s coming up in your week. With your Day-Timer, you can see upcoming days you need to wake up early or stay up late. Need an extra reminder for those days? Write it on a Hot List and stick it in your refill!
The next time you need to get up early or stay up late you’ll have a few tricks to help! Comment and share what works for you!