To help you achieve maximum productivity and minimal stress this year, we’ve compiled our Top 10 tips for surviving and thriving during the holidays.
- Make a Plan—and Keep it Simple: It’s imperative to have a plan for the holidays, and as noted in The Leader, make it a simple plan. Don’t pull a Clark Griswold—lower your expectations and reduce your workload to keep things in order. Make lists of what you need, eliminating non-essential tasks.
- Be a Deadline Grinch: As we’ve discussed, it’s important to set hard and fast dates for accomplishing your holiday tasks. Break larger tasks into smaller chunks, take your deadlines seriously and remember balance—you still need to fit in time for the rest of life’s priorities.
- Make a Shopping Schedule: Holiday shopping—it’s hard, if not impossible, to avoid. As noted on Staples.com, make your own time line or itinerary noting the stores, products and sales you want to include in your trip. Be sure to give yourself some buffer time—long check out lines and gnarled traffic can ruin even the best-laid plans.
- Create a Cooking Plan and Timeline: Write out a detailed menu, create a shopping list, gather grocery ads and coupons, and create a cooking timeline. Make sure to organize these lists and items properly to ensure an efficient trip to the store. Don’t forget to account for dietary restrictions and food allergies if hosting a holiday event.
- Keep reading this list over at the ATAGLANCE Blog.