We urge those of you in harm’s way to put the safety of yourself and those around you first and foremost in your priorities.
Hurricane survival tips are the topic of the day, so as the East Coast hunkers down for the big storm there’s no better time than now to create a Hurricane Preparation Checklist.
What are your best tips? Please help us create a comprehensive checklist. As a starting point, here are some tips from around my household:
Now’s the time to get your 2013 planner refills. Order yours today!
- Start early: begin your list as far in advance as possible, considering equipment and supplies such as water, batteries, flashlights and generators which might be in high demand
- Fill your bathtub: it can offer you a week or more worth of utility water
- Get cash: when electricity goes out ATMs and credit card machines do as well
- Lighten up: tea candles come in affordable easily stored bulk packages, just don’t forget matches
- Extra batteries: for flashlights, radios, and lanterns
- Buy charcoal: grilling may be your only option for cooking food
Here’s a great article, courtesy of CNN.com on Keeping a Hurricane Preparation Checklist
Got more hurricane preparation and survival tips? Please share your best!
[photo courtesy of wikipedia]