|Jumpstart Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Set Priorities with 5 Questions|
Once you’ve made your to-do list of what you’d like to accomplish today, there are 5 questions to help you determine your priorities:
Read through your to-do list and ask yourself:
- Which task helps me achieve my goals?
- Which task offers the highest return on my effort?
- Which task yields the biggest long-term results?
- What will happen if I don’t get the task done today? Will anyone or anything suffer?
- Overall, which task leads to my happiness and success?
Now, rank your priorities with A-level tasks being the most important, B-level tasks coming next, and C-level tasks being ones you can pass on, if necessary.
Your to-do list can become quite overwhelming when you’re not sure what to do first.
Having a prioritized daily task list is your best bet for staying focused on what you need to get done today.
[photo by sebilden]
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at [email protected]|