|Jumpstart Monday | Get your week off to a great start with the Day-Timer blog. Each Monday we feature a new tip to help you gain a more productive week at work and at home.|
|Today’s tip: Reconnect with Your Goals|
You got a lot done last week, but you may not be getting anywhere. Make sure your week is punctuated by working toward your goals.
Attach your actions to your goals this week. Spend 5 minutes planning your week with the sole purpose of inserting goal-related tasks into your daily task lists.
- Choose 3 main goals you hope to accomplish at home and at work
- Select 2 actionable tasks for each of those three goals
- Schedule these tasks over the next 2 weeks
- Create a daily countdown in your planner up until each upcoming task day arrives (e.g. 5-days, 4-days, 3-days…)
- Continue this process in your weekly planning
The year is nearly half over and the more time that passes, the less likely you are to achieve your annual goals or resolutions. Once July arrives, statistics show you will have a less than 50% chance of seeing your goals through the end of the year.
By creating a daily countdown, you are increasing your commitment to accomplishing each task and you are putting the goal into your consciousness.
The time to take action is now. You can do it by integrating some goal-tasks this week.
|Day-Timer Spokesperson Jeff Doubek can be reached at [email protected]|